The MED Programme was organized a Community Building event in Alicante (Spain) on 17 May 2017, which brought together representatives from all the projects of all the Thematic Communities.
The main objectives of the event were:
- Enhancing the capitalisation process of the upcoming April 2018 mid-term transnational event;
- Presenting and sharing plans and ideas;
- Identifying synergies between projects belonging to different thematics and further developing them; identifying potential links with internal and/or external platforms;
- Pointing out potential problems, solutions and good practices;
- Creating a team dynamics between all thematic communities, fostering a team spirit.
“The eight Interreg MED thematic communities of projects started to work, following the approval of the 1st call for projects in 2016. Apart from working within each thematic community, it is most important to induce synergies and transversal cross debates between them, right from the start by creating a joint work dynamic and a sense of belonging to the Interreg MED community of stakeholders.
The key point of the ‘WE are MED - Going beyond thematic communities’ event is thus to emphasise/highlight/showcase the inherent knowledge of each thematic community, in order for them to acquire a greater degree of self-awareness and certainty on methodologies and aims by sharing practices between each other.
The event also aims at preparing the capitalisation process that will be highlighted later in the mid-term transnational event. This is reached through mutual learning among the thematic communities of projects and by extracting and harvesting common ideas, tools and methods which will improve the results of the Programme.”